Slower, wider, less remote.
This paddle trip is "doable" for most people, and offers more human interaction:
- Long enough to get a good river experience.
- Not so long that it is outside the conditioning of most paddlers.
- Typically, smooth class 1 water, with only seasonal exceptions.
- No portage sections
- No logistical vehicle considerations
- Safe and enjoyable for people of all ages
Start and finish location:
100 Ave. D & H north
Riverside, PA 17868
Just show up at the day and time you specify in the form below, park and we will put you in the river at our shop location. You finish at our the Sunbury confluence location. We will shuttle you and your gear from Sunbury back to Danville, and you awaiting vehicle. Details below.
Danville launch location:
Your trip will start at our location in Riverside PA (see map above). You will arrive, park your vehicle, and unload your gear. We'll quickly get you outfitted with paddles, pfd's, and your boat, while we brief you in regard to what the locals have been experiencing on the river lately.
Once you are ready to begin your journey, you'll be safely launched and within minutes you will be paddling past historic eel weirs and Delaware Indian campsite locations at the mouth of the Mahoning Creek. Keep your eye out for Bald Eagles, as they are routinely seen in this area of river!
River Section Features:
- Quiet. Some times of year are more quiet than others.
- Peace. A slow, flat water paddle is good for the soul.
- Time. To talk or not talk. Your choice.
- Flora. Lots of trees, flowers and fresh air to breathe.
- Fauna. Eagles, beaver, ducks, song birds, and fish to enjoy.
- Historic. Rail road bridges, Canals, old Indian encampments.
- More people. this section is deeper, and therefore has more motorized boats. Some people like this fact, some don't.
Shikellamy State Park finish location:
Created and maintained by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Shikellamy State Park is a beautiful destination to conclude your adventure. This island is located where the North branch of the Susquehanna and the West Branch converge (hence the name of "confluence"). We partner with Lake Augusta Outfitters to give our adventurers, a safe welcoming place to take out, stretch the legs and explore the island. When you are done, simply give us a call, and we'll be there in around 30 minutes to pick you up and shuttle you back to our location, and your vehicles. It's that simple!
Our most open water trip.
4 - 5 hours on the water
Includes personal floatation device and paddles
*Includes shuttle for parties over 4 paddlers
Select a boat from the pull-down menu at right. You will be asked to provide some contact information and items pertaining to your trip. You will also be asked to approve a waiver.
When you have satisfactorily completed the form, it will be added to your cart.
Complete that process for each person in your party.
After you have everyone that you would like to register, added to your cart, you can finish the transaction by using the "Checkout" button. There, you can provide payment information, and complete your registration for your adventure!
Thank you for your choosing R.A.C. Looking forward to seeing you on the award winning North Branch of the Susquehanna River!