GREEKFEST is a summer gathering of Greek Alumni and Active Greek members of Bloomsburg University at the confluence of the Susquehanna River and Fishing Creek. It is a family and pet friendly event filled with good friends, campfires, clinking horseshoes, laughter and memories that will last a lifetime.
There are many different ways to experience this weekend from self-supported camping only options, to fully outfitted two-day paddling adventure extravaganzas!
NEW Registration: Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Keep paging down. You will see options for accommodations, food and activities. Select the options you desire, and after each selection press "ADD TO CART". When you get to the bottom of the page, you will know all there is to know about Greekfest, and you will have created a custom experience to fit your needs.
Camping, Lodging, Accommodations
You can attend Greekfest in a number of ways. We believe the best way, to get the full experience is to camp with us, both nights.
If camping isn't your "thing", you can also book accommodations at local establishments outside of your Greekfest arrangements. CLICK HERE for a list of the more interesting local lodging establishments.
The campground has hot showers, and water bathrooms not far from camp, and pit toilets right in camp. It's rustic, but not caveman.
You can visit Greekfest FOR FREE...and we hope you do, if staying isn't an option. It's more about the gathering, than anything else. We just want to see you there.
There are lots of things to do at Greekfest, and no two people want the same things. Therefore, we urge you to look at the list of options, and pick the activities that suit your needs and desires.
Each year we change it up a little bit.
Although the River Rat Pub Crawl was an unbelievable success last year, we’re not going to do it this year. Instead, we want to encourage more “togetherness”. The crawl split the group. That’s not what it’s about. This year, we’ll still try lots of exotic beers, but we will do so from our camp.
We want you to hang around in camp, and talk to people, and play games like horseshoes or cornhole, or this year AX THROWING (supplied). These things are all FREE. Or you can pack your weekend full of classic river paddling.
The choice is yours!
There is no one good way to "Do Greekfest".
Select the meal package that best fits your needs, and add that to your cart. You can select meal packages for multiple people if you want.
When done, push "ADD TO CART" and you will be ready to check out!
The Saturday night steak dinner is legend, but we also have meals for every morning, noon and night to keep you alive, full, and ready for more greek adventure!
We are camping, so most of the food is what you might expect at a cook out affair. But we do our best to have a wide variety and something for everyone.
If you are a vegan, you might be upset by a few of the offerings, but we won't forget about you. We always have options that will keep you generally "on track" with your vegitable diet, with only a little "flexing" required.
See the menu below:
After step 3, you can hit "Checkout" now, and be done!
...but we hope you scroll down the page, and get all the details of this exciting weekend event!
Maximum number of Paddlers - 20
Paddling distances are leisurely. Easily, manageable distances, mean we can spend more time in camp, playing some friendly games, sitting around the campfire, drinking beer and eating - without being exhausted. I learned in 2012, that paddlers want a nice leisurely day on the river, followed by great hours back in camp. If that sound good to you, this is your trip.
- 5:00 p.m. official start time. We set-up camp at Indianhead Campground. Boats are available at this time for anyone who might want to take a self guided paddle of Fishing Creek or the confluence of Fishing Creek and the Susquehanna. We ask that all boat be safely back in camp my nightfall.
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Friday - food is prepared. Chicken, burgers, dogs, pasta salad, etc. After dinner, games of chance, vote for a tribal council and begin our Lord of the Flies overnight experience.
- After dinner and into the night - Hang out with all the other people at the campsite. Play games of skill. Bullshit around the campfire. Go to the swimming hole and rope swing on Fishing Creek. Paddle around the two rivers and kick back and have fun!
- 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Saturday - Breakfast @ campsite - Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, coffee, tea, OJ, maybe toast, fruit.
- 9:00 - 10:00 a.m± Saturday - Van leaves Indianhead Campground and heads to launch location in Berwick, PA with boats and gear.
- 8:30 a.m. Saturday - Each paddlers is provided a bagged lunch for the day. It includes: 2 - PBJ sandwiches, granola, water, fruit, chips or equivalent.
- 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Saturday - into the boats - Any unwanted gear is transported by my staff back to Indianhead Campground.
- 5:00 p.m. Saturday - Make camp at Indian head Campground in Bloomsburg (at the latest. We should arrive earlier)
- 5:00 p.m. Saturday - We are there setting up camp and starting food.
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Saturday - Eat. Dinner: World famous RAC Steak, salad, potatoes, corn, pie, coffee, water, gatorade, tea.
- 7:00 p.m. Saturday - Lord of Flies: part II. Fellowship. Campfire, etc.
- 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. Sunday - Breakfast: Same menu selections as Saturday
- 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Sunday - Get paddlers into boats and onto the river.
- 10:30 a.m. Sunday - Paddle to Danville
- 1:00 p.m. Sunday - arrive at Danville and end of paddling portion of the trip. We get a shuttle ride back to the Indianhead Campground location where we have Food: burgers and picnic food.
TRANSPORTATION ONLY OPTIONS
You can meet our crew at the Indianhead Campground location at Saturday or Sunday between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and our crew will take you and your gear out to the current rendez-vous location or shuttle you back from the finish location. The "Transporation only" option is for people that have their own gear, and would prefer the experience of doing everything themselves. Sometimes these people are also known as "crazy people", but we want to offer an opportunity for their ilk to attend Greek fest.
STUFF WE DO
SOME PHOTOS OF PAST TRIPS.