The basics program
The Bronze program is...
A maintenance package - designed to cover the basics, at the best possible price. The Bronze program gives lawns basic weed control and mimimum levels of fertilizer.
This is the first, and most basic of Earthscapes "pre-packaged" options. It's the best way to keep prices low, and your lawn in good condition relative to untreated lawns.
Who is a good candidate for the Bronze program?
- If your lawn is healthy, weed-free and attractive: you might be a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
- If you want basic lawn maintenance that provides minimal use of fertilizers and pesticides: you might be a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
- If you are looking for a trim costs on your lawn care budget: you might be a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
Who is not a good candidate for the Bronze program?
- If you have a new or very sparse lawn; you ARE NOT a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
- If your tolerance for any weeds is low: you MIGHT NOT be a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
- If you are worried about grubs destroying your turf: you ARE NOT a good candidate for the Bronze Program (it contains no grub control or insecticide).
- If you want the most thick and green lawn in the neighborhood: you ARE NOT a good candidate for the Bronze Program.
What does the bronze program include?
This is a combination of three lawn applications, (one liquid,and two granular) applied to all specified turf areas in the spring and fall months.
- The first application is Pre-emergent Crabgrass control and a light fertilizer. This applied in early spring.
- The second application is Broadleaf weed control. This will solve most if not all of your dandelion, plaintain and other common weed problems. This is applied in late spring.
- The third application is high nitrogen fertilizer with iron added. This gives your lawn the nitrogen it craves in the fall, so it can spread and become thick.
What does the Bronze program not include
- It WILL NOT contain stubborn weeds like Nutsedge, or Wild violet or Ground ivy.
- It DOES NOT contain any insecticide. This means that your lawn MAY suffer the effects and damage of GRUBS in select years.
- it provides MINIMAL levels of nitrogen for health and appearance. It does not provide the full 4 lbs of nitrogen/1000 sq. ft of turf as is optimal.
- It DOES NOT contain any cultural methods of soil ammendment, like aeration.
- It DOES NOT contain any consideration for pH. Like lime applications.
This program is not designed to be a long-term solution for healthy turf, as it does not include some services that are vital to long term turf health and appearance. However, it is a good way to take a break from a full program, minimize herbicides and pesticide usage and/or save a few bucks.