The Standard program
The Silver Program is...
A building and fixing program - designed to improve weedy turf, and build lawns from typical levels of pest problems to healthy, pest minimal, attractive stands of turf. All this at a very reasonable price. The Silver program gives lawns industry recommended levels of weed control and recommended levels of fertilizer.
This is the second, and most popular of Earthscapes "pre-packaged" options. It's a program that satisfies most people's desire for problem-free, attactive turf stands at prices that are within typical budgets.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THE Silver Program?
- If your lawn is weedy or unattractive: you ARE a good candidate for the Silver Program.
- If your lawn is already in good condition: you ARE a good candidate for the Silver Program.
- If you want lawn maintenance that provides optimal levels of fertilizers and pesticides to address typical conditions and pest problems: you ARE be a good candidate for the Silver Program.
- If you want the best care possible, for a typical lawn care budget: you ARE a good candidate for the Silver program.
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THE Silver Program?
- If you have a new or sparse lawn; you MAY NOT be a good candidate for the Silver Program.
- If your tolerance for any weeds is very low: you might not be a good candidate for the Silver Program.
- If you want the most thick and green lawn in the neighborhood: you ARE NOT a good candidate for the Silver Program.
WHAT DOES THE Silver Program INCLUDE?
This is a combination of five lawn applications, (typically, two liquid, and three granular) applied to all specified turf areas in the spring, summer and fall months.
The first application is Pre-emergent Crabgrass control and a light fertilizer. This applied in early spring.
The second application is Broadleaf weed control and fertilizer. This will solve most if not all of your dandelion, plaintain and other common weed problems. This is applied in late spring.
The third application is Grub control and narrow leaf weed control. It keeps you yard from being eaten by grubs and controls weeds like nutsedge.
The fourth application is high nitrogen fertilizer with iron added. This gives your lawn the nitrogen it craves in the fall, so it can spread and become thick.
the fifth application is also a nitrogen fertilizer, but this applicatiion is done in late fall, is slow released, and designed to leach into the soil, over the winter months to provide deep-soil nutrients which encourage deep root growth by grass plants.
WHAT DOES THE Silver Program NOT INCLUDE
It WILL NOT contain stubborn weeds like Wild violet or Ground ivy.
It DOES NOT contain any cultural methods of soil ammendment, like aeration.
It DOES NOT contain any consideration for pH. Like lime applications.
This program is designed to be a long-term solution for healthy turf. It does include services that are vital to long-term turf health and appearance. It is our most popular, affordable, full program and has a 99% retention rate with our customers from year to year. It's our "standard" that keeps our typical customer extremely happy with their yard.